Saturday, March 31, 1979

A Day With Guiseppina (3/31/1979)

Saturday, March 31, 1979
What beautiful weather!
View from the B's cherry orchard
First Guiseppina's mother picked me up to go to their house in Cafasse for lunch. It was the best lunch I've had in Italy. Because of the food and the company (including the father). Then mother drove Guisi and me to the villa and we took the A112 to Torino. I was looking for shoes and Guisi for a blouse. We walked all around the area of Via Garibaldi for about three hours!
Palazzo Madama from Via Garibaldi
Guisi found a blouse and a gift for a niece. I only got sore calves because I wore high-heeled boots! I took Guisi home to Cafasse, and then drove to my casetta/little house for a quick change.

By 20:00 I was on my own way to Bardonecchia using Signora B's 127. It needed gas. After missing a turn, I ended up in Torino again, but no gas stations were open. So stopped at a self-service where I asked the man already getting gas to help me. One needs exact change that I did not have, so we waited for someone else to arrive who had the change. He then pumped two mila (2,000) for me. Found my way out of Torino toward Susa. In Susa I got turned around and needed gas again. Had to stop at another self-service and ask another fellow for change. He obliged, pumped my gas, and invited me to his villa! Finally arrived in Bardonecchia where I passed the apartment and Signore B. But went quickly around the block. The family was just coming home from dinner at 22:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment