Friday, March 30, 1979

Ice cream! (3/29,30/1979)

Thursday, March 29, 1979
Patrizia wanted me to drive her to Grosso, but there was no car. So we walked. She bought salami, then mailed her letters to England, which I helped to write. On our way home, a B driver picked us up and took us to the villa.

That evening a guard was going to drive Patri, the kids, and me to Mathi, but the red Fiat 127 (903cc engine like the Autobianchi A112) became available. So I drove to the volleyball practice. Patri was taking her sister's place on the team coached by Denni. Elena watched and the boys and I got to participate. Did well because the net is lower. Afterwards, took the kids home and drove to Cirie for pizza. Later, ice cream, of course.

Friday, March 30, 1979
I was just telling Patri how I haven't heard from my family when the phone rang. It was the guard saying a letter had arrived for me! From Mom!

That afternoon Signora B called the Equipment Shop in the States for a bill of lading number for the missing therapy balls. I did the talking and kept saying "si" instead of "yes!"

That evening Patrizia and I went out for ice cream in Lanzo using Signora B's 127. Had a talk about Signora B and I feel much better. I then drove Patri home and took the back road to Grosso.

The maids had told me that Signora B had become friendly with the previous therapist, and even shared some of her clothes with her. I realize that I am not Signora B's type, but she does seem perturbed that I am so friendly with "the help."

No comments:

Post a Comment