Friday, March 2, 1979

Another Job Responsibility (3/1/1979)

Thursday, March 1, 1979
Another driver took me to the house of Signore B's mother in Nole Canavese. The driver was talking to me and did not see an oncoming car, which we just missed. The streets in town are narrow and crooked, with the buildings being the curbs. Women ride bicycles and motor scooters to market where they buy fresh foods every day. Elder Signora B and I had a communication gap, but Signora B called to explain why I was there. Thusly I used a phone in Italian, "Pronto!" The elder Signora B may have arthritis and I am here to give her a low back massage. The house had a steel factory in the backyard and you could hear and feel it. The chandeliers shook. Dino drove me home using a different route.

Friday, March 2, 1979
Dino drove me to Nole, confusing me with yet another route. Taken home by another driver (third one so far) and I took the backseat to a vacuum cleaner.

Today was clear enough to see snow-covered mountains to the west, the Italian Alps!

No comments:

Post a Comment