Sunday, March 18, 1979

Bardonecchia Again (3/17-18/1979)

Saturday, March 17, 1979
Again we went to Bardonecchia, but this time avoided the Autostrada. Patrizia, the maid, also came. After arriving, I took a walk. What a bustling town! Mostly rental apartments for skiers. After dinner Patrizia and I apparently went out looking for a discotheque. A couple fellows in a car saw us wandering around and were persistent in trying to talk with us. Instead we went into a bar (coffeehouse atmosphere) and had ice cream.

Sunday, March 18, 1979
It was snowing hard, which apparently meant visibility was too poor to ski. Zia/Aunt and Zio/Uncle, and cousin Maria Teresa ate lunch with us. Later in the afternoon, Patrizia and I and the kids went to the railroad station for ice cream. Then we went to a games parlor where they had pinball machines, electronic games, pool, ping pong tables, etc. Got to play a couple games. We were picked up at the parlor and headed straight home to Torino. Where it was discovered that my bag was left behind. A week without a comb or toothbrush (I had substitutes). But I'll miss my camera the most. Anyway, this time I was outfitted and ready to ski, but no go.

No comments:

Post a Comment