Monday, May 28, 1979

Weekend of Eating! (5/26-27/1979)

Saturday, May 26, 1979
Drove up to Settimo to pass the time since I was a bit early to arrive at Claudio's apartment in Torino. After working with Claudio, we ate a Milanese meal (with the deliciously creamy Risotto Milanese made with saffron) and then took photos.
Claudio
Claudio with his grandparents and aunt
I then drove into the city looking for the cathedral with the facecloth of Christ, but never found it.

In the evening went to visit the P family a bit, before going to Courgne again; "2 Rotonde" with Franco, Maresa, and Gianni. Stopped for ice cream in Cirie on the way home. This is the night we move the clocks ahead one hour.

Sunday, May 27, 1979
Attilio, the jolly guard, took me to his home in Varisella after his 6:00 to 14:00 shift. We started eating right away, apparently a Venetian meal. It lasted until 16:00. Afterwards went out for ice cream. While his wife, Anna, and I went for a walk, Attilio played bocce. But it started raining so we went back to the house to watch television. And started eating dinner at about 19:30, which lasted nearly two hours. On the way back to my house we stopped for coffee. I was really uncomfortable after all that eating, but it sure was good!

Monday, May 28, 1979
After going to the post office in Grosso, I walked to Mathi to see if I could see Patrizia. Her mother walked me to the laundry where she now works. I was invited to play volleyball with them in the evening, but when I arrived, they had already quit. So we drove to Lanzo for milkshakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment