Monday, May 7, 1979

Another Flat Tire (5/7/1979)

Monday, May 7, 1979
Even though I was without a spare tire, I drove the red 127 towards Torino to get my package from my mom. But in Borgaro I got another flat tire! I decided to go into Torino anyway and stuck out my thumb. What a strange feeling. A really nice young guy picked me up, and once getting to Torino he pointed out where to get the tram to my destination. But I decided to walk, without a map and not realizing how far it was. After a long while I asked an older woman how to get to Lo Stadio/the stadium. I was just about to head in the wrong direction! Finally arrived at this post office on the other side of the railroad station and was directed back in among the tracks and loading docks to a musty old building. Arrived after hours, but the kind man took care of me anyway. Had to write a note verifying the contents of the package, but didn't get the package - it would be mailed! Then I took the tram after buying a ticket in a bar. The ticket gets punched by a machine with the time in the streetcar, but no one was checking tickets at the time. At the city edge I again hitched a ride to the car and called Signora B who asked when I would be home, so I hitched home. Walking through Grosso I was picked up by Angelo who took me home. Later Angelo, who retrieved the car, said the brakes did not work either...?

No comments:

Post a Comment