Friday, April 27, 1979

Around Torino (4/23-27/1979)

Monday, April 23, 1979
It now seems the red Fiat 127 is mine to use. Drove to Debora's for therapy. In the median strip of her street, vendors set up tents to sell everything; food, clothing, kitchen goods, flowers, etc. Went to a phone booth to find the American Consul address, then drove there, past a whole square full of tents in front of huge buildings more or less labeled "supermarkets." At the Consul, got registered and got visa information (i.e., I don't need any).

Tuesday, April 24, 1979
I wanted to send a telegram. The PT/Post-Telephone near Debora said it was cheaper after 8:00 PM. Went to the Grosso PT which wasn't open at that time, and then to Cirie where I couldn't even find the PT.

Wednesday, April 25, 1979
A holiday - Liberation Day. Drove to Claudio's apartment just outside Torino. First had a simple but very good meal with Claudio, his aunt and grandparents. After some therapy, friends came by and I watched them play a game. Then I drove into Torino a few blocks to Debora's for therapy.

Friday, April 27, 1979
Today on my way to Debora's, was stopped by the Vigili Urbani/local police in Borgaro. Apparently it was just a routine check, but there was a bit of discussion over the International Driving Permit. But soon a "buon giorno" and I was on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment